If we are looking for the best way to trim the garden, battery-powered large walk behind lawn mowers offers various functionalities capable of adapting to the technical and aesthetic demands of these types of terrain, and to all kinds of weeds and growth irregularities.
However, to take full advantage of the potential of a large walk behind lawn mower it must be compatible with the size of your garden.
Battery-powered lawn mower, a performance optimization
A large walk behind lawn mower’s battery stands out because they are quieter and lighter than a motor or explosion, and does not require a cable to run.
Regarding the battery life, the advantage of the market is that each model has the duration time in its specifications and this allows you to choose the mower that adapts to the size/time that your garden requires.
The battery-powered best wide cut walk behind lawn mower gives you, among its many other advantages, a much wider cutting space, since it does not require a cable for its operation. Thanks to this, there will be nothing to hinder its performance or the need to look for an outlet or a long extension to reach those areas where the cable does not reach.
Batteries offer the advantage of their duration and recharge. Generally, the different models use 12V lead-acid batteries with a limited charging time that varies from model to model. When it is downloaded, all you have to do is connect it and wait.
Other battery models are lithium batteries, which offer a higher charging power and provide 18 V in the cordless large walk behind lawn mower, being able to cut for up to one continuous hour.
In addition, the battery of a cordless pruner means that the device does not generate an impact on the environment, due to the absence of combustion.
The battery-powered lawn mower also has other important functions:
- Shred the grass
- Bags it
- Unloads it on the side or rear
How to choose a battery-powered large walk behind lawn mower based on the size of your garden?
As mentioned above, to choose the most efficient large walk behind mower you must take into account the size of the garden where it will be used. For this, it is necessary to know the exact dimensions of the space. You can determine this with the following step by step:
- Place several stakes at the imaginary boundaries of the land, such as fences and corners. Then measure the distance between one stake and the other with the help of a tape measure or other measuring tool .
- Make a reduction scale drawing of the garden on a sheet of four squares per inch.
- Map the areas of the bed by inches on the paper. If your garden is small, each inch should represent 1 foot of the garden, while each grid represents 3 inches. On the other hand, if your garden is large, each inch represents 2 feet of garden and each grid will represent 6 inches.
- Now you must calculate how long it takes you to prune 10ft² to take into account when checking the amperage settings of the mower.
- The battery life time while mowing varies according to its voltage and, as already mentioned, each model has different voltages:
- 12V batteries last between 30 and 45 minutes.
- 24V batteries last between 45 and 75 minutes.
- 36V batteries last for approximately 90 minutes.
Other relevant characteristics and data to consider are:
- They are ideal large walk behind lawn mowers for medium spaces of maximum about 2000 m2. Although its capacity varies according to the model and size of the lawn.
- It is then important to consider the size of the lawn, the weed and the frequency with which it will be used.
- A relevant factor that many people do not consider is your weight. A cordless mower provides ergonomics and lightweight portability.
- If your garden has spaces with corners or where access is somewhat difficult, this type of tool will be very useful since the cables will not be an obstacle.
- Also, if you are looking for a semi-professional to the large walk behind lawn mower, that is not for daily use and that can be used by any member of the family, the battery-powered design is ideal.
- It is also important to consider the terrain. Preferably it is better to use the tool in flat spaces.
- The duration of use of the battery is also related to the height of the grass to be cut. If it is too long, the effort will be greater and the battery life will be reduced.
- You must also take into account the propulsion, because in these tools the battery drives the wheels and the blade.
It is important to assess all the pros and cons at the time of purchase since you are about to acquire a tool that can give you years of useful life if you use it correctly and maintain it well.
Buy these best electric lawn mowers at affordable rates from Riding-Mower.