When: June 14, 2014, 10am-4pm
Where: Adjacent to the Flagpole, at Trinity Church (parking in Trinity lot, off Church Hill Rd)
Printable Activity List: Click here
(Activities and schedule are subject to change.)
Open all day.
- Front Lawn: 20-foot Interactive Lighthouse
...Lighthouse is shown here nearing completion==>
- Back Lot: Touch-tank from Norwalk Maritime Center
- Front Lawn: Hands on learning about Sea Navigation with Dustin Fisler, Coast Guard Petty Officer
ART GALLERY AND INDOOR EXHIBITS
Open all day.
- Main Church (Sanctuary): 14-foot Lighthouse and scenic display. (Great for photos!)
- Throughout the building: Art Gallery of lighthouse depictions from Newtown students of all ages
- Throughout the building: Lighthouse models from donors all over New England
ENTERTAINMENT - MUSIC AND THEATER
Performances held in the Main Church (Sanctuary).
- 10 am: Flagpole Radio
- 11 am: Newtown Youth Choir
- Noon: Francine Wheeler & Students
- 3 pm: Trinity Choristers
CHILDREN AND FAMILY ACTIVITIES
These activities, and more, will be open throughout the day
- Lightboat Models (presented by Eli Whitney Museum): Build and wire a working lightboat model to take home with you! (While supplies last.)
- Open Play Area: Explore your creative side with Lego blocks, modeling clay, and art supplies!
- Paint a Canvas Create a mural with your community!
- Sandy Hook Arcade Back for one day! Your favorite arcade games
- Chair Massage
- Learn about the historic Fayerweather lighthouse
- Hear a reading of "Lighthouse Santa" from the author
- AWatch PBS Documentary, "Legendary Lighthouses"
A note to parents and guardians: Welcome! This day is intended as a fun-filled journey of light and discovery for the children and families of Newtown and surrounding towns. Please do stay with your child(ren) at all times so they do not wander freely without supervision. Our staff and volunteers will be ready and available to help you throughout the day, but cannot monitor the whereabouts of any individual children.